Monday 8 October 2012

Two people banned from "All-you-can-eat" restaurant for eating too much




I don't know whether this is a particularly common occurrence, but you can hardly blame them for taking the restaurant's branding literally, can you?

George Dalmon and Andy Miles (pictured) of Brighton, England have received a lifetime ban from the Gobi Mongolian Barbecue Restaurant after eating too much stir fry. The duo munched through five bowls in this particular sitting, before the manager called them 'a couple of pigs' and threw them out.

The website for the restaurant promises customers they can 'eat as much as you like'. Apparently not.

In his defense, the manager offered this statement:
'Basically these two guys just come in and pig out. I have put up with them for two years but have had enough.

'They spoil it for everyone else and are in such a hurry to get to the food so none of the other diners can get a look in.

'We are not a charity. We are a business. It is our restaurant and we can tell people not to come back if we want to.'

Personally, I can see a 'false advertising' lawsuit on the horizon.

[Source: Daily Mail]

3 comments:

  1. I actually thought that it's literally "eat as much as you can"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of agree with the restaurant, I love all you can eat restaurants, but there is such a thing as "ruining it for everyone else"

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard not to feel bad for the owner, even it does technically fall under false advertising. I wouldn't stand for it, if it were my restaurant.

    ReplyDelete