Tuesday 25 September 2012

Million-strong synchronised toilet flush scheduled in Zimbabwe


One to add to the 'Things I Know About Zimbabwe' category.


By the time you read this, up to a million toilets in Bulawayo, the second largest city in Zimbabwe, will have been flushed all at the same time, in an effort to unblock the city's sewer system, scheduled for 7:30pm, Monday.

Best of all, it's to become a regularly scheduled event!

"We are going to have a big flush every Monday to push all the waste that would have accumulated during the water rationing", explains city Mayor, Thaba Moyo.

Well, there's something to look forward to...

Incidentally, from personal experience, I feel I should inform Zimbabwe that just trying to flush the damn thing away won't work. What you need is an industrial-sized toilet brush and somebody with really, really long arms.


[Source: Sky News]

4 comments:

  1. hahah. That is just so weird and awesome at the same time

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was a part of this, maybe I'll flush my toilet also to show them that they can count on me to support them!
    Anyways it's funny, my toilet clogged a few days ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess what, I was at my Hospital Gym, working on my leg and I heard this news on the radio. Glad I was the one who found out about it here first!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that is certainly a way to do it.

    ReplyDelete